TPT

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Let's Get Acquainted!

I'm new to teacher blogging, so I thought Flying Into First's  "Let's Get Aquainted Linky Party was a fun way to introduce myself. 


Topic- Tic Tac Toe
How it Works:  Look at the graphic below.  It is a Tic Tac Toe board filled with different categories.  You will post about three of these categories but they have to make Tic Tac Toe.  For example, you can choose to write about 3 topics that go vertical, or 3 topics that go horizontal, or three topics that go diagonal. 

I decided to do the middle row going down. :)

My Favorite Subject to Teach and Why?
I pretty much love it all, except not so much Math, but teaching Writing is my favorite. :) I love how they can barely write a sentence coming in to 1st grade, some not even that much, and by the end, they can write a whole page and even have capital letters, periods, and commas! They grow SO MUCH in 1st grade! I love giving them topics and see where they go with it. Their little personalities come out in their writing and it's awesome! So much improves in their writing from the day they set foot in my classroom. They learn proper handwriting (usually), proper grammar (most of the time), how to complete a thought and explain it, etc. They are able to write so much in such a sort amount of time. It's amazing to me each and every year. 

My Favorite School Memory
I have so many! I LOVED school! Hmm, wonder if that's why I became a teacher? :) Most of my favorites happened in 4th grade. My teacher was awesome. I want to be her! Shout out to Mrs. Shepherd!  Anyway, she LOVED France. At the end of the year, she took us on a "trip" to France. She taught us some french words. Now that was REALLY cool to know FRENCH in 4th grade! She told us to pack our bags. And when we came in the next morning, the classroom was transformed into an airplane. We got in our "plane" seats and hit the road. We even got airplane snacks. She taught us all about France and it was like we were really there. It was awesome. I still remember it quite well, so it obviously made a big impression. Hmmm, kids learn by DOING, novel concept! :) 

Favorite Clothes and Shoe Store
As I said before, I am cheap/thrifty. I don't like to spend money, especially on myself. I must say though, that I really like Maurice's for work clothes. They are super cute, have great layering ideas, really aren't that expensive (especially with a sale), and they last. I usually get my shoes at Ross or TJ Maxx. Again, cheap is my favorite word. :) I have a pair of sandals that I've had for 3 years and they are breaking. So last night I was complaining that I had to buy new shoes and my husband said something about me always buying cheap shoes. I said, " I don't think these were that cheap." He said, " Um, this is you, of course they were cheap shoes." Oops, guess it's that obvious. Oh well, they came from Target and they lasted 3 years, I think that is pretty good. Plus I save us a lot of money! 

Don't forget to link up and let's get to know each other!

Be fun and fabulous! 
~Mrs. Sweeney

3 comments:

  1. I am super cheap too! I love the hunt for cute clothes on a thrifty budget. Maurice's does have super cute clothes though! I wish I could afford to buy more there!

    Em
    Curious Firsties

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only buy when I have the 40% off coupon and pair it with a sale. Little bits at a time and I finally almost have a real wardrobe. :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete