TPT

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Music Makes the Classroom Fonder

My desk is covered in labels, pictures, wall stuff, substitute folder stuff, and more! What about you? What's filling your desk space at the moment?


Whew! It's only Wednesday. It seems like we've been in school for weeks, while at the same time it feels like 3 days. Haha! Yep, we started Monday. It's just amazing what they forget between Kindergarten and 1st grade. One of mine couldn't even remember how to open and use a glue stick! :) We've hardly done anything on my lesson plans, but gosh darn it, they WILL have these procedures down perfectly. :)

I've really incorporated music and sounds into my classroom this year. I've used music in the past, but not nearly like I am this year, and I love it! We have a song or sound for everything we do pretty much. At the moment, I've only introduced "come to the carpet", "go to your seat", " "line up", "recess time", "work time", and come get your paper". Oh my goodness. It works like a charm. They've got them down pat, and I can't wait to introduce more next week.

Here's what's funny. We've only been using the music for 3 days. Well, today when I went to use them, something was messed up on my speakers and you could barely hear the sounds. So, I just called them to do what they were supposed to do. Wellll, that didn't work! I only had like 3 people come when I said to! They just couldn't do things without the music. It through off their whole day! I called my husband to come at lunch to fix my speakers! Hahaha! They were perfect after that! :) Music is amazing. They also work so much better with it. This morning when I couldn't use it, they were so chatty and weren't getting finished. This afternoon when I was able to use it, they worked quietly and for extra long. I love music! Now I've got to make a cd for a sub to use or they will never listen. ;)

It's been a good week. I've got some sweet, cute kiddos. First grade is the best! I can't wait until next week when we can do our real schedule and get on track.

Be fun and fabulous!

~Mrs. Sweeney

No comments:

Post a Comment