TPT

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Week 3 in the Books!

I don't know where this week went! That was quick! I was at school on Monday, but Tuesday and Wednesday I was at a training all day, so when I went back on Thursday, it felt like Monday! It was like the shortest week ever. :) I even get a 3 day weekend!

The kids did great for the sub. I knew they would, but I still hate it. My sub was awesome. She left me whole page notes everyday, brought the kids a treat, and even wrote me a personalized card thanking me for letting her "walk in my shoes.". Woohoo for great subs!

So since I wasn't really there, I didn't have much to say all week. I do want to show you something cute we did last week though. I got the idea from Green Bean Kindergarten and it went right along with our Jack and the Beanstalk Unit. Plus, we had been doing odd and even quite a bit during calendar, so I thought it fit perfectly.

 I just drew numbered leaves and boots on white paper, then made copies on colored construction paper. Then I typed out the title. I gave each sheet to the kids, along with blue paper, and let them go at it. It took them about an hour, but they loved it. It was a great time for me to get testing done, they were still learning, and having to think, it was cute, and they had fun. Win, win!

You could make this easier by putting the numbers in order on the printed sheet, only going to 10, or even just do consecutive numbers, instead of odd and even. This was was a bit more challenging because the numbers were all mixed up. I didn't do this step by step with them. I just gave it to them and let them go. I loved that it was student led, so they all looked different. They did a great job. I heard lots of singing of our odd and even song, and most of them got all of the numbers in the correct order. A few mixed up the teen numbers, but that was an easy fix.

Next week, we have a short week. We are out on Monday for Labor Day and then have an early dismissal day on Wednesday. It should be easy, but I get to be observed at 8:00 Tuesday morning, so that definitely won't be fun. Yuck. We also start our Reading series, and get right in our typical schedule. I am glad for that, but it's a lot to have happen in a little tiny week.

Anyway, once I get in a routine, I hope to be able to blog more frequently. I also have lots of TpT stuff going on in my head. Hopefully, I can get that going pretty soon. Have a happy Labor Day!

Be fun and fabulous!

~Mrs. Sweeney

No comments:

Post a Comment